Please join me THURSDAY – OCTOBER 2ND – 6:30PM - as I do the last of three FREE workshops at The Actors Key. We will be discussing:
October 2nd – 6:30PM – FREE CLASS -WHY INDIE PRODUCERS CARE ABOUT YOUR FOLLOWING
Do you want to be an empowered actor? As an actor you study your craft tirelessly, spend hundreds, if not thousands of dollars on headshots, classes, submissions, bust your butt trying to find an agent because it’s what you love. It’s your passion. Unfortunately, the grind can get to you. You start to feel disempowered, like you need validation from others to know that you’re good enough to make your dreams come true.
I’m here to tell you, if you believe and you work hard, and you know the basic fundamentals, you can make your dreams a reality. - Jenna
Education = Empowerment
In this FREE introductory class, award-winning producer, Speaker, radio host and empowerment coach, Jenna Edwards will explain why independent producers care about your social media following. This workshop will cover the following:
- Why building a fan base is important even in the beginning
- How to stay true to your “brand” and why this is so important in the social media world
- Practical tips on build a following in the social media world and the real world
Please note that there will be time for questions so please come prepared to ask and discuss any topic you would like to ask a producer.
Jenna has taught producing at New York Film Academy and was the resident producing advising on the popular podcast, Film Method. She started as an actor and has had roles on Buffy the Vampire Slayer as well as Malcolm in the Middle, before moving into producing where she produced over ten films. Her first feature film, April Showers, was picked up by Warner Bros. Jenna is also the founder of the lifestyle brand, Create with Jenna where she empowers people to infuse their personality and story into everything they do.
I am pleased to announce that I have been asked to do my Empowered Actor Seminar at The Actors Key starting October 7th!
In the EMPOWERED ACTOR Seminar, award-winning producer, speaker, radio host and empowerment coach, Jenna Edwards will empower you to create your own projects and career. Jenna has taught producing at New York Film Academy and was the resident producing advising on the popular podcast, Film Method. She started as an actor and has had roles on Buffy the Vampire Slayer as well as Malcolm in the , before moving into producing where she produced over ten films. Her first feature film, April Showers, was picked up by Warner Bros. Jenna is also the founder of the lifestyle brand, Create with Jenna where she empowers people to infuse their personality and story into everything they do. It is with this unique and diverse perspective, that Jenna will take you through the fundamentals of producing.
The seminar breaks down as follows:
- October 7th – Session One - Beginning with the end in mind - We will discuss your ultimate goal and talk about how it effects all areas of your project from budget to timeline to creating your team and mindset.
- October 14th -Session Two - Pre-Production & Production - We will cover everything that is done in pre-production, including; budgeting, scheduling, locations, casting, locations, permits, etc.
- October 21st – Session Three – Casting & Contracts - We will discuss casting from a producer/project point of view, working with SAG/AFTRA, walk through contracts, etc.
- October 28th – Session Four - Post Production - We will discuss what you need to be thinking about regarding post-production while you’re still in pre-production.
- November 4th – Session Five - Marketing & Distribution - We will discuss all available forms of distribution and some out of the box ways for you to market your project and yourself.
- November 11th – Session Six - Film Festivals & Networking - We will discuss the different types of film festivals as well as how they can be an effective way of networking for the actor.
- November 18th – Session Seven - Wrap-up & Practice - We will go through all things needed for a “wrap-book” as well as practicing our networking skills with a little networking mixer.
This course is 7 Tuesdays at The Actors Key in Burbank, CA starting
The cost is $75 for each individual session; or you can
also sign up for the entire course (7-sessions) at $350.
*NOTE: You must do at least 2 sessions in order to qualify for Session 7
*There are a limited number of seats available so please enroll now by clicking on the buy now option above
The sooner we get started, the sooner you can get your project completed and out into the world! – Jenna