I am pleased to announce that I have been asked to do my Empowered Actor Seminar at The Actors Key starting October 7th!
In the EMPOWERED ACTOR Seminar, award-winning producer, speaker, radio host and empowerment coach, Jenna Edwards will empower you to create your own projects and career. Jenna has taught producing at New York Film Academy and was the resident producing advising on the popular podcast, Film Method. She started as an actor and has had roles on Buffy the Vampire Slayer as well as Malcolm in the , before moving into producing where she produced over ten films. Her first feature film, April Showers, was picked up by Warner Bros. Jenna is also the founder of the lifestyle brand, Create with Jenna where she empowers people to infuse their personality and story into everything they do. It is with this unique and diverse perspective, that Jenna will take you through the fundamentals of producing.
The seminar breaks down as follows:
- October 7th – Session One - Beginning with the end in mind - We will discuss your ultimate goal and talk about how it effects all areas of your project from budget to timeline to creating your team and mindset.
- October 14th -Session Two - Pre-Production & Production - We will cover everything that is done in pre-production, including; budgeting, scheduling, locations, casting, locations, permits, etc.
- October 21st – Session Three – Casting & Contracts - We will discuss casting from a producer/project point of view, working with SAG/AFTRA, walk through contracts, etc.
- October 28th – Session Four - Post Production - We will discuss what you need to be thinking about regarding post-production while you’re still in pre-production.
- November 4th – Session Five - Marketing & Distribution - We will discuss all available forms of distribution and some out of the box ways for you to market your project and yourself.
- November 11th – Session Six - Film Festivals & Networking - We will discuss the different types of film festivals as well as how they can be an effective way of networking for the actor.
- November 18th – Session Seven - Wrap-up & Practice - We will go through all things needed for a “wrap-book” as well as practicing our networking skills with a little networking mixer.
This course is 7 Tuesdays at The Actors Key in Burbank, CA starting
The cost is $75 for each individual session; or you can
also sign up for the entire course (7-sessions) at $350.
*NOTE: You must do at least 2 sessions in order to qualify for Session 7
*There are a limited number of seats available so please enroll now by clicking on the buy now option above
The sooner we get started, the sooner you can get your project completed and out into the world! – Jenna