Please join me TONIGHT – SEPTEMBER 22nd – 8PM - as I do the first of three FREE workshops at The Actors Key. Tonight we will be discussing:
Do you want to be an empowered actor? As an actor you study your craft tirelessly, spend hundreds, if not thousands of dollars on headshots, classes, submissions, bust your butt trying to find an agent because it’s what you love. It’s your passion. Unfortunately, the grind can get to you. You start to feel disempowered, like you need validation from others to know that you’re good enough to make your dreams come true.
I’m here to tell you, if you believe and you work hard, and you know the basic fundamentals, you can make your dreams a reality. - Jenna
Education = Empowerment
In this FREE introductory class, award-winning producer, Speaker, radio host and empowerment coach, Jenna Edwards will educate you on what it’s like to be on the other side of the casting table. She will explain to you what the negotiating process is like with agents, managers, directors and the rest of the producing team during casting. Through informative stories, she will dispel the myths of the casting process, empowering you to come into the room with confidence.
“After literally ONE conversation with Jenna, I went into auditions more confident, and what’s more, I LEFT able to be proud of the work I did and not have fifty different kinds of freak-outs over how I did in the room. I was able to leave the audition in the audition room and ENJOY the rest of my day.” – - Alice Dranger | actor/producer
Please note that there will be time for questions so please come prepared to ask and discuss any topic you would like to ask a producer.
Jenna has taught producing at New York Film Academy and was the resident producing advising on the popular podcast, Film Method. She started as an actor and has had roles on Buffy the Vampire Slayer as well as Malcolm in the Middle, before moving into producing where she produced over ten films. Her first feature film, April Showers, was picked up by Warner Bros. Jenna is also the founder of the lifestyle brand, Create with Jenna where she empowers people to infuse their personality and story into everything they do.
I am pleased to announce that I have been asked to do my Empowered Actor Seminar at The Actors Key starting in October. It’s a new announcement so the page has not been put up yet. However, I do have the seminar description:
In the EMPOWERED ACTOR Seminar, award-winning producer, speaker, radio host and empowerment coach, Jenna Edwards will empower you to create your own projects and career. Jenna has taught producing at New York Film Academy and was the resident producing advising on the popular podcast, Film Method. She started as an actor and has had roles on Buffy the Vampire Slayer as well as Malcolm in the , before moving into producing where she produced over ten films. Her first feature film, April Showers, was picked up by Warner Bros. Jenna is also the founder of the lifestyle brand, Create with Jenna where she empowers people to infuse their personality and story into everything they do. It is with this unique and diverse perspective, that Jenna will take you through the fundamentals of producing.
The seminar breaks down as follows:
- Session One - Beginning with the end in mind - We will discuss your ultimate goal and talk about how it effects all areas of your project from budget to timeline to creating your team and mindset.
- Session Two - Pre-Production & Production - We will cover everything that is done in pre-production, including; budgeting, scheduling, locations, casting, locations, permits, etc.
- Session Three – Casting & Contracts - We will discuss casting from a producer/project point of view, working with SAG/AFTRA, walk through contracts, etc.
- Session Four - Post Production - We will discuss what you need to be thinking about regarding post-production while you’re still in pre-production.
- Session Five - Marketing & Distribution - We will discuss all available forms of distribution and some out of the box ways for you to market your project and yourself.
- Session Six - Film Festivals & Networking - We will discuss the different types of film festivals as well as how they can be an effective way of networking for the actor.
- Session Seven - Wrap-up & Practice - We will go through all things needed for a “wrap-book” as well as practicing our networking skills with a little networking mixer.
If you are interested in taking this seminar, please sign up on our mailing list so that we may email you when the sign up sheet goes live.
I’m looking forward to empowering you to create your own project and career and help you infuse you into everything you do.